Brief recap: Since February holds Valentine's Day, we decided last year that it would be a great idea to make February our great month of Caring and Sharing. Last year we collected a special offering to help with Haiti relief efforts, we collected canned food items to donate to Community Hope, we hosted a Bake Sale - the money raised went to creating Sunshine Baskets, which were donated to the Pediatrics department at the Billings Clinic.
Caring & Sharing 2011
Thus far we've tentatively decided upon the following:
- A group baking day which would follow with a visit to either (or both) the nursing home and/or Tendernest.
- The kids decided we would do another Bake Sale and we will again decide what local charity we want to use that money towards. *The Bake Sale has been scheduled for Sunday, February 20th.
- We will be acting as greeters/escorts before Worship Service on two Sundays: 2/13 and 2/27.
- We've started sign-ups for the Prayer Angels program and are very excited to get that kicked off on 2/13. We'll have one more Sunday of sign-ups, then we'll get this started! You can also sign-up online.
- Of course Bring a Friend is a part of this month. We're adding a twist to this, however. Every time you bring a friend your name will be put in a drawing for a grand prize at the end of the month. *(The drawing would be held on March 6 in order to include anyone who brings friends on the last Sunday in February).
See you in Sunday School, bring a friend!