We had many more pictures, but unfortunately the camera's SD card was in the midst of an epic fail, but at least we came away with four to share!
We welcomed two buddies this Sunday morning - hope to see you again!
Following is the prayer we pray together before putting the pretzels in the ovens and dispersing to our classrooms:
Gracious God, we ask you to bless these pretzels that we have prepared. Thank you for each of the hands that created them. Each time we eat pretzels this season may we be reminded that Lent is a time for prayer. Help us to remember to pray each day. We pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
And in case you've misplaced the easy-peasy recipe for creating your own pretzels at home, here it is:
Recipe with frozen bread dough:
- 2-3 loaves of frozen bread dough
- Egg yolk, tablespoon of water
- Coarse salt
- Thaw a loaf (I thaw all three) of frozen bread dough. Let the dough rise according to directions on the package.
- Divide the dough in half and place on a floured board/counter.
- Cut each half into about eight pieces.
- Between your hands roll each strip into about an eighteen inch rope.
- Shape into pretzels and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops of the pretzels with beaten yolk mixed with one tablespoon of water.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 350* degrees for 15-20 minutes.