I'm hoping that everyone is hanging in there with health and sanity in tact. Please reach out if you need anything, we'll do our best to help as we can or connect you with other resources.
Now, besides just checking in, I thought I'd also put a few things out there for you while we're apart. Below, find a few things from March 22 (and March 29), as well as an overview of what's to come in April...Just in case. And, a little bit of this and that:
- For our littles: https://www.deepbluekids.com/free-stuff/free-preschool-activities
- For our bigs Jr High): https://www.deepbluekids.com/free-stuff/tweens
- A meditation for our middle-little/bigs:
- Read aloud (together) John 14: 1-4
- Meditation focus: connect with this scripture and think about what it means to enter God's home.
- Prepare: find a comfy position and close eyes. Take a few deep breaths (in through the nose, out through the mouth)
- Say: "Jesus said he was going ahead of us to prepare a place for us. We are Jesus' followers. Imagine Jesus is with you right now. He says to you, 'Don't be troubled. Trust in God. Trust also in me. My Father's house has room to spare. You know the way to the place I'm going.' Then Jesus turns and begins walking away. You start to follow him. He is leading you to God's house. [pause] You've arrived. Jesus has brought you to the place where you can feel completely at home with God. It's easy to feel God's presence in this place. There are no distractions from God's love. You can relax here. Take a look around the place Jesus has led you. [pause] In this place you can tell God whatever is on your heart. Take a moment to tell God what is on your heart today. [pause] This place is always here for you. You can come back here whenever you like. For now, you turn to leave and go back the way you came. You come back to the room, hearing the sounds around you and wiggling your fingers and toes. When you're ready, open your eyes." (via Submerge, Spring 2020 session 4)
- All ages: https://www.deepbluekids.com/free-stuff
A few weeks ago, the kids and I went on a deep dive into verses about love during Chapel Time, I invite you to carry on that search in finding verses of hope, love, and faith.
Please send the kiddos my love. I miss seeing their faces and hearing about their week and singing our songs. Looking forward to when we meet again!